Mon August 26, 2019
- TV licence: Boris Johnson says BBC must 'cough up' for over-75s - The BBC should cover the cost, the PM says - but the corporation says it's the government's responsibility.
- Jeremy Corbyn risks scuppering no-confidence vote, says Jo Swinson - The Lib Dem leader says a no-confidence vote risks failing if Mr Corbyn insists on being interim PM.
- 'My wife found me in my boxers, eating pasta' - Ben Stokes has played two innings of a lifetime in the space of six weeks - the latest fuelled by a "knock-off Nando's and two Yorkie bars".
- UK to bask in sunshine on Bank Holiday Monday - A day after the hottest late August Bank Holiday weekend temperature, more sunshine is expected.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.